LOS ANGELES, CA – A 62-year-old Riverside County care facility employee has been arrested after investigators said he allegedly committed sexual offenses against dependent adults, including conduct involving at least two identified victims.
The Riverside County Sheriff’s Office identified the suspect as June Richard Lee, 62, of Hemet. Authorities said Lee was also using the name Richard Bautista.
The investigation began in June 2025, when deputies from the Jurupa Valley Sheriff’s Station responded to a private care facility in the 6000 block of La Mesa Street in Eastvale after receiving a report of inappropriate behavior involving an employee and a patient.
At that stage, investigators did not have enough information to identify a suspect, and no arrest was made.
The case remained open until March 2026, when the Jurupa Valley Sheriff’s Station Investigations Bureau requested assistance from the Riverside County Sheriff’s Major Crimes Bureau – Special Victims Unit, which then assumed the investigation.
As detectives continued working the case, they identified a second victim.
Authorities have not released the identities, ages or medical conditions of either victim, and no additional details have been provided about the care facility or the circumstances under which the alleged offenses occurred.
Investigators ultimately identified Lee as the suspect.
Information reviewed by Street People indicates detectives also learned that Lee had been working or identifying himself under the name Richard Bautista during the period relevant to the investigation.
On Aug. 14, 2026, investigators with the Special Victims Unit, assisted by deputies from the Hemet Sheriff’s Station, located Lee in the 42000 block of Margoni Way in Hemet.
Authorities said he was taken into custody without incident.
Lee was booked into the Cois Byrd Detention Center on allegations of lewd acts on a dependent adult, sexual battery and forced oral copulation.
The Sheriff’s Office has not released additional information about the alleged conduct, including when each incident occurred, whether the two victims were patients at the same facility or how long Lee had worked in a caregiving role.
Because the victims are described as dependent adults, the investigation involves people who may rely on others for care, supervision or assistance in daily life.
California law provides enhanced protections for dependent adults and elders in abuse cases. The state’s Department of Social Services describes dependent-adult abuse as conduct that can include physical abuse, neglect, financial abuse, abandonment, isolation and other forms of mistreatment against adults whose physical or mental limitations make them dependent on others for care.
The existence of those protections does not determine the outcome of Lee’s case, which remains an active criminal investigation.
Authorities have not announced whether prosecutors have formally filed charges or whether additional court proceedings have been scheduled.
The arrest allegations also remain unproven unless established in court.
The Sheriff’s Office said the investigation remains ongoing and that no further details are currently available.
The involvement of the Special Victims Unit reflects the sensitive nature of the allegations. That unit handles investigations involving vulnerable victims and crimes that require specialized investigative procedures.
Investigators have not said whether they believe there may be additional victims beyond the two already identified.
They are nevertheless asking anyone with information about the case to come forward.
Anyone who may have information relevant to the investigation is urged to contact Investigator C. Lewis at 951-955-1700 or Riverside County Sheriff’s Dispatch at 951-776-1099.
The case remains under investigation.






















